Flabby skin, excessive skin folds, and loss of elasticity are common concerns for several individuals. Usually, these signs arise due to the aging process and the reduction in collagen levels of the skin, which affect the elasticity and overall appearance.
Typically, people resort to surgical intervention to obtain more pronounced results as regards restoring the firmness of the skin. Not everyone is a fan of dramatic surgeries, but are there non-surgical ways these issues could be addressed. Find out more in the article.
Non-surgical ways to get the skin tightened
To tighten the skin without surgery, various non-surgical ways can be employed. These non-invasive procedures can take off excess skin folds and return the skin to become more firm without going under the Knife.
Typically, these non-surgical procedures work by delivering energy to the deepest layer of the skin, which increases collagen and elastin production, elements that help with improving the skin texture, tone, and look.
The perks of non-surgical skin tightening
Non-surgical skin tightening might be a preferred method of taking off excess skin folds and resolving skin laxity based on the following advantages:
• You are at no risk of obtaining scars, which is a common occurrence after surgical skin tightening
• There is a very low chance of post-surgical complications, such as pain and infections
• This non-surgical skin tightening procedure consumes less time than surgical interventions. It is also a safer option.
Common non-surgical skin tightening treatments
• Ultrasound heat treatment: Dermatologists have used ultrasound to send heat into the deeper layers of the skin, which causes the production of more collagen. The collagen produced helps strengthen the skin and improve its look and texture. This kind of treatment would have to be often repeated for more pronounced results.
• Laser treatment: The use of laser treatment can be employed to resolve diminished skin elasticity without having to incise your skin. The laser treatment has been employed to eliminate excess skins around the upper arm and abdominal area. The results are not usually immediate and dramatic and might need repeated treatments.
• Radiofrequency treatment: With this kind of treatment, a device is placed on your skin that directly heats the tissue beneath and helps in enhancing collagen production.
• Skin tightening creams: Some products have claimed to have skin tightening properties or improve collagen production to help tighten the skin when applied topically. While these products may help improve the general outlook of the skin, dermatologists retain doubts about their efficacy in restoring skin elasticity and firmness.
As much as non-surgical skin tightening operations are recommended, they are not entirely free of risks and can have limitations. There are numerous options for skin tightening l and the resolution of skin laxity. Consulting a certified dermatologist is the best way to determine if you are a candidate for any option and which procedure is safest for you.